For many years Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort has supported a family for the holiday season, providing gifts to those who may not be as fortunate as others. Once again, the Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort family is working with Caring Unlimited to provide gifts to many children and families to give them a holiday season to remember.
A Christmas tree is displayed in our lobby with tags containing various items for children of all ages, as well as parents. If you would like to help out, and will be staying with us through early December, we encourage you to pick up a tag and drop off any items in the boxes provided.
For those who want to help, but cannot make it up to Wells Beach, below is the list of items that you can purchase and send to us at the hotel. Your generosity is greatly appreciated as everyone deserves to have a happy and fulfilling holiday.
Any questions on this project can be directed to the hotel front office at (207) 646-2831. If you choose to send a gift or a monetary donation, please address the package/envelope to:
Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort
Attn: Christmas Family
P.O. Box 639
Wells, ME 04090
Checks can be made payable to Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort. That money will then be used to purchase remaining items on the gift tree. Please reference “Christmas Family” on memo line. Items will be delivered on Monday, December 19th. If you choose to send a gift/donation, please have them to us by Friday, December 16th.
Gift Tree List:
*List includes more than one family. Duplicates may occur.
Male, Age 1 – Boots (Size 4)
Male, Age 1 – Snowsuit (Size 12 months)
Male, Age 1 – Large mega blocks
Female, Mother – Winter coat (Likes color black, plain styles)
Female, Mother – Wool socks
Female, Mother – Laundry bag and laundry soap
Female, Mother – Pajama lounge pants (Size small)
Male, Age 2 – Luvs diapers (Size 5)
Male, Age 2 – Toddler set of silverware and plastic plate/bowl set
Male, Age 2 – Llama Llama and Curious George books
Male, Age 2 – Wooden building blocks
Male, Age 2 – Stuffed Mickey Mouse
Female, Mother – Gas card(s)
Female, Mother – Hannaford or Market Basket gift card(s)
Male, Age 5 – Boots (Size 1)
Male, Age 5 – Wrestling action toys
Male, Age 5 – Finding Dory DVD
Male, Age 5 – Outfit (Size 6)
Male, Age 5 – Large monster truck
Male, Age 13 – Over-the-door basketball hoop
Male, Age 11 – Pokemon card collection set
Male, Age 10 – Pokemon card collection set
Male, Age 14 – Hooded sweatshirt (Size men’s medium)
Male, Age 15 – Hooded sweatshirt (Size men’s medium)
Female, Mother – Bath towels
Female, Mother – Hannaford gift card(s)
Family – VCR/DVD player
Male, Age 5 – New release children’s DVD
Female, Teen – Purse (side bag style)
Male, Teen – Nike socks (Size 9/10)
As the month of November rolls on our Thanksgiving plans will be in the works, if they haven’t already. If you’re looking for a more relaxing Thanksgiving holiday, come join us at Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort in Wells Beach, Maine! We still have plenty of rooms available and there are several area restaurants that are open for Thanksgiving, providing the traditional spread and more. Here are a few of the places you can dine at:
- Jonathan’s Ogunquit — Jonathan’s will be open between 12-8 p.m. on Thursday. For reservations, call (207) 646-4777 or visit www.jonathansogunquit.com. You can check out their Thanksgiving menu here.
- Bull and Claw — For another year the Bull and Claw will be open to the public for a Thanksgiving feast. Starting at 11 a.m. until 6 p.m., you can enjoy anything from mussels to prime rib and of course, turkey. Reservations are strongly encouraged and can be made by calling (207) 646-8467. To take a look at the holiday menu, visit www.bullnclaw.com.
- Spring Hill — Located just a short drive into South Berwick, Spring Hill will be open for a Thanksgiving luncheon buffet, opening at 11 a.m. and closing at 3 p.m. Reservations are required, with the cost being $26 for adults and $12 for children between the ages of 4 and 12. To see the full list of details for the event as well as the buffet menu, visit www.springhillmaine.com. Reservations can be made by calling (207) 384-2693.
- White Barn Inn — The beautiful White Barn Inn, a AAA Five Diamond and Forbes 5 Star Fine Dining rated location will be open between 1-7 p.m. Reservations can be made via Open Table. White Barn’s Thanksgiving menu can be viewed here.
- Merriland Farm Cafe — This dining favorite will open its doors for the afternoon, between 12-4 p.m., serving dinner. Reservations are welcomed and can be made by calling (207) 646-5040. More information on the restaurant can be found at www.merrilandfarmcafe.com.
- Clay Hill Farm — This award-winning restaurant located in York will be open once again for the holiday, beginning at 12 p.m. and lasting until 5 p.m. To reserve your table today, call (207) 361-2272. A look at their Thanksgiving menu can be found right at www.clayhillfarm.com.
- Cape Neddick Inn — The Cape Neddick Inn Restaurant and Tavern will be open for a majority of the day, serving up a delicious menu of soups, salads, lobster, pork tenderloin and more. Opening at 12 p.m. and serving dinner until 7:30 p.m, the Cape Neddick Inn requires reservations for the holiday, which can be made at (207) 351-1145. Click here for a look at their Thanksgiving menu.
- Stage Neck Inn — Dine right on the Atlantic with a well-stocked buffet. Reservations are required, which can be done by calling (207) 363-3850 extension 405. Hours on Thanksgiving are from 12-5 p.m., with a price of $44.95 for adults, $29.95 for children ages 6-12, while children ages 5 and under are $19.95. A full look at their menu can be found right on their website at www.stageneckinn.com.
- On The Marsh Bistro — Located in Kennebunkport, this restaurant with a view will be open from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. serving not only the traditional turkey dinner, but some of their staple items as well, including a variety of seafood dishes. Table deposits are currently being taken, with reservations being made via telephone at (207) 967-2299 or on Open Table, to which someone will call you after submitting your request. Make sure to check out their menu for all they have to offer.
- Pier 77 — Look out on to the Cape Porpoise Harbor while you enjoy a turkey or ham dinner, or maybe one of Pier 77’s signature items on their regular menu from between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving. Reservations are currently being accepted for the holiday. Place one today at (207) 967-8500.
- East Restaurant and Lounge — If you’re looking for something more casual, pick up your favorite Chinese cuisine at East just a few miles down the road from Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort. East will be open for their regular operating hours. You can also have food delivered right to you room! Choose your favorite meal from one of their menus at www.eastdining.com. Menus are provided here in the main lobby as well.
As always the staff here at Lafayette’s Oceanfront Resort would be more than happy to see you! Be sure to give us a call and check on our availability for the holiday weekend. We are always booking reservations all year round between 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m at (207) 646-2831.